Suspected Breach or Disclosure of Confidential or Restricted Information
According to the Information Classification and Protection Policy:
All faculty, staff, and students shall immediately report inappropriate disclosure or suspected loss of Confidential or Restricted information to their supervisor or the Pepperdine University Information Security Office. The Information Security Office should be contacted by phone first in these situations, 310 506-4040 which is staffed 8am - 7pm during on University workdays; you can follow up afterwards by email.
A suspected breach should be reported:
- by phone (310 506-4040) not just by email.
- directly ISO by the person who discovers/suspects it or their supervisor .
If you get voice mail when reporting a breach keep listening and follow the instruction on the message to get ISO paged anytime -- after hours, or if the phone is not picked up due to meetings.
The following information should be provided to the Information Security Office:
- Your name, job title, a call back time, and a direct phone number
- Brief details of the information exposed or breached:
- What is the nature of the information in general and specifically what information are you concerned about being disclosed or breached?
- What is the online address or physical location where the suspected exposure/breach/disclosure is taking place?
You will receive a return call from the Information Security Office to follow up.