Approved Information Security Resources
Pepperdine Information Security Office has provided or recommends the following security resources. To understand some of the terms used in these resources, including the meaning of RESTRICTED data, please reference our Security Glossary.
Recommended Security Resources
Each of the following third-party tools is approved by the Information Security Office as safe and very helpful to information security.
- Qualys Browser Check to find vulnerabilities on your electronic devices and our explanation of why we recommend it.
- Password Managers to generate, store and secure your work related passwords; if you have 3 or fewer Pepperdine passwords, you may not need a password manager for work.
- Sensitive Number Finder (SENF) will find social security numbers and credit card numbers on your hard drive or network share.
Pepperdine Security Resources for RESTRICTED Data
The following selected resources are provided by Pepperdine to secure RESTRICTED data. This list highlights tools that are often not top of mind when it comes to securing University RESTRICTED data transmission and storage:
- Large/Secure Attachments Service - log in to attachments.pepperdine.edu to transmit RESTRICTED data files securely.
- Etrieve - may be used for storage and workflows related to RESTRICTED data.
- Pepperdine Healthcare Zoom - regular Zoom is not approved for clinical use. Contact the Information Security Office for consultation on secure clinical teleconferencing.