Online Information Security Classes
The Information Security Office provides online course in information security that are brief, informative, and practical.
The courses are offered through our online course management system, "courses.pepperdine.edu" and are suitable for individuals or entire departments. Each course is designed to be completed in approximately 30 minutes but can be completed in multiple sittings, if desired. At the end of the course there is a quiz to provide feedback on your comprehension.
We currently offer:
- Security Basics for Students
- Security Basics for Staff
- Security Basics for Faculty
Instructions for Online Class
Follow these instructions to join the classes in Courses:
- Visit Courses at http://courses.pepperdine.edu and click "Pepperdine Login"
- From the "My Workspace" tab, click Membership
- Click Joinable Sites in the gray tool bar
- Search for the site (e.g. "security basics") -- note: you will not see listings of sites of which you are already a member
- Click the Join link under the appropriate site title
- Click any tool in the left menu (e.g. Home) to refresh the screen
- Access the site by clicking its tab in the tab bar (if listed) or by clicking "All My Sites" and looking for the site under the heading "Projects"