Fireside Room AV Instructions
Pepperdine University faculty and staff may use the following step-by-step instructions to utilize the audio-visual equipment in the Fireside Room in the Tyler Campus Center on the Malibu campus.
Connect the Projector
- The projector remote can be found on the PC Podium. To turn on the projector press
the power button. Be sure to point the remote at the projector and not the screen.
- If using the PC provided in the room, which is strongly recommended, click the HDMI input on the remote to ensure it’s properly connected to the projector.
- If using your own device, select a different input on the projector remote.
- The PC on the podium should already be on.
- In order to log in as a student, type “student\” and then your wavenet username and password accordingly.
- For example:
- For Pepperdine staff and faculty, log in normally without any additional inputs.
- Directly to the left of the entrance from the cafeteria, there is an AV Cabinet that controls the microphones.
- This is what the inside should look like:
- The volume knobs control the volume of their respective function.
- The first volume knob controls the volume of microphone 1
- The second volume knob controls the volume of microphone 2
- The third volume knob controls the volume of the computer
- The fifth volume knob controls the volume of the aux cable
- The gear drawer should also include two wireless microphones and extra batteries.
- Please put the microphones back into the drawer after usage.
- In order to turn on the microphone, shift the power switch to “ON” on the microphone.
If there are any questions, feel free to contact the AV Office at 310.506.6953 for assistance.