Surfboard Room AV Instructions
Pepperdine University faculty and staff may use the following step-by-step instructions to utilize the audio-visual equipment in the Surfboard Room in Payson Library on the Malibu campus.
Connecting Your Laptop
- Locate the PC
- The system is at the front of the room
- Find the HDMI port at the back of the monitor
- Bring an adaptor and HDMI cord that will connect your specific device
- Connect your laptop
- Turn on PC by pressing any key on the keyboard.
- If the PC is shut off, open up the door to the “Rack” and press the power button on the Dell box
- Sign in using your Pepperdine credentials
- If you are a student, sign in with the username: student\WavenetUsername
- For example: student\jsmith
- Find the touch panel at the front of the room next to the PC
- Turn it on by pressing the power button on the screen or the button under “Extron”
at the bottom of the touch panel
- The projector screens should come down
- Select the input you are using (PC, Wallplate, Rack HDMI, Rack VGA, Blu-Ray)
- If you want the display to show on the projector screens, make sure display mute is
- Display mute allows for you to hide your screen from the projector.
- The volume can be adjusted on either the PC or the touch panel (on the right side
of the screen)
- Hit the “mute” button under “Volume” to mute the sound
- Because there are two projectors in the room, you can also control both individually
by pressing the “Screen Controls” button on the bottom left of the touch panel.
- There, you can raise or lower either projector screen (right or left) or mute them.
- If sound will be played on the laptop, select the ‘Audio’ tab on the bottom and use the ‘Main Sound’ category to control the volume.
- Make sure the laptop is on “mirrored display” mode (for MacBooks) or “Window” + “P”
buttons (for windows).
- This can be located in system preferences >> display.
- If this is not possible, then think of the projected screen as a second monitor, or display screen. Drag the preferred display tab to the right of the laptop to show on the projector screen.
- To turn the system off and raise the projector screens, press “System Off” on the touch panel.
If there are any questions, feel free to contact the AV Office at 310.506.6953 for assistance.