Surfboard Room AV Instructions
Use the following step-by-step instructions to set up the AV equipment in the Payson Library Surfboard Room.
- Locate the touch panel controller at the front of the room next to the PC.
- Turn the AV system on by pressing the power button on the screen
- The projector will turn on and the screens will come down
- Determine which screen(s) should be down by pressing the Screen Controls button on
the bottom left of the touch panel controller.
- Each screen is independently controlled from this page
- Verify the Display Mute button is inactive on the touch panel controller.
- Display Mute hides the source content from the projector
- Select the appropriate input: PC, Wallplate, Rack HDMI, Rack VGA, or Blu-ray player
- If using the PC, wake it by pressing any key on the keyboard
- If the PC is powered off, open the rack door and press the power button on the Dell device
- Sign in using your Pepperdine credentials (note: students will need to use the student\ domain)
- If using your own laptop, select Wallplate.
- Determine whether the content on the PC or laptop should be mirrored or extended to
the projector screens.
- Select the appropriate display settings using System Preferences for Apple devices or Windows+P for Windows devices
- Adjust the volume to the desired levels using the source device and/or the touch panel
- The Mute button under the Volume label will deactivate all sound
- Turn the AV system off by pressing the System Off button on the touch panel controller.
Thornton Administration Center (TAC) 177