Device Management Profile for Mac
Information Technology provides a device management (DM) profile to secure and manage Apple Macintosh (macOS) systems. The Mac DM Profile helps with Apple security, patching, and device configuration as one part of the University's overall device management strategy to secure our faculty, staff, and other University-owned systems.
To be eligible for Mac DM Profile enrollment, you must be a current faculty or staff member of Pepperdine University with a University-owned computer. To enroll your Mac, follow the instructions listed below for Mac Big Sur and Catalina operating systems.
To find out which operating system your Mac is running:
- From the Apple menu, choose About this Mac
- A window will open with the Mac operating system name and version number
If your University-owned Mac is running an earlier version of macOS (Big Sur, Catalina, or earlier), please contact Tech Central at 310.506.4357 to schedule an upgrade.
Mac DM Profile Installation Instructions
- First, log in with your WaveNet credentials to begin the Mac DM Profile enrollment
- Confirm your full email address is displayed and then click Enroll.
- Click Continue.
- Once prompted, click Allow.
- After following the enrollment steps, go to the Apple menu, select System Preferences, and select the Profiles tool.
- Click Install.
- Confirm the installation by clicking Install again when prompted.
- Enter your Mac username and password, then click Enroll or OK.
- Close the Profiles window. Your computer is now set up with the Mac DM Profile!
- Device Management
- Device Management Blog
- Device Management FAQ
- Computer and Network Responsible Usage Policy