Creating a New Calendar
This page will give you instructions on how to create a new calendar besides your primary calendar. You can create calendars to keep track of different types of events. For example, you could create a calendar called "Marketing Group" that tracks upcoming events for a certain group of people.
Select one of the links below to go straight to that section
You can only create new calendars on a browser on your computer or mobile device. Once the calendar is created, you'll be able to see it on the Google Calendar app on Android or iOS.
- From Google Calendar, find the "Other Calendars" heading on the left side of the screen.
- Click the "+" next to "Other Calendars" and select the "create New Calendar" option from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Add a name, description and time zone for your calendar and select "CREATE CALENDAR"
- The new calendar is created and configured and will appear in the "Settings for my calendars" list
- If you want to share your calendar, select the setting Share with specific people. Additionally it's here where you can Access permissions and set various notification as well as remove the calendar.
- Changes are saved automatically, select the back arrow in the top left corner of the
screen to return to the Calendar view.
See the G Suite Training Walkthrough on creating a new calendar.
- On the left side of the Calendar page, see "My Calendars" to view all the calendars that you can share with other people.
- On the left side of the page, click to expand My calendars.
- This will include your Google Account calendar, usually titled with your name, as well as any calendars you've created. To display or hide that calendar's events in the main calendar view, click on the check box next to the calendar name.
To remove a calendar from your list, click the options menu to the right of the calendar name and select "Hide from list."
Edit a calendar
- On the left side of the Calendar page, click the options menu to the right of the calendar name and select Settings and sharing.
- Select from any of the Calendar settings and make the appropriate edits.
- Changes are saved automatically; select the settings arrow to return to the Calendar view.
- On the left side of the Calendar page, click the options menu to the right of the calendar name.
- Pick the color for your calendar, or click the "+" to add a custom color.
- This color change will only be visible on your Google Calendar view.