Creating an Event
The information below will show you how to create an event in your Pepperdine calendar. Please click on a link below to go straight to that section.
Select one of the links below to go straight to that section
Creating an event
- Log into your Google Calendar.
- Click on the red Create event icon in the lower right corner of the calendar to launch a full event details view to add the event title, specify date/time, select all day events etc. along with the event details.
- Or single click on a predetermined date/time to launch an quick view for more simple events with MORE OPTIONS to enter event details later.
- Or double click on a predetermined date/time to launch into a detailed edit view.
- In the Event details page, find the Guests tab and click where it says Add guests.
- Type the first few letters of a person's name or email address in the box. Matching addresses in your organization's directory will appear as you type.
- Click one of the suggestions to add that person to the event. If no suggestions appear, type your guest's full email address and select the Enter key.
- If you have a lot of guests, you can quickly see when everyone is available. Click "Suggested times" under your guest list to see a list of times when everyone can attend. Or, click the Find a time tab to stack your guests' calendars, then pick a time when nobody has a scheduling conflict.
You can even add a Google Groups mailing list address to invite a large group of people at once, such as your whole team (For example: email@example.com).
- In the Event details page, find the Rooms tab and click where it says Room name, location or resource
- (Optional) To see only available resources, select Available rooms only or use the pull down to select Include unavailable rooms.
- Start typing the room or resource's name and click one of the suggestions. Or, browse the list of resources and and select the Enter key to select the available resource you want.
To choose a date and time for your event, click the date and time boxes, and select when your event starts and ends.
Save and Update Events
- Click Save
- In the pop-up, click SEND to notify guests by email, or DON'T SEND if you don't want to notify guests at this time, or CANCEL CHANGES.
- Double click the event in your Calendar to immediately edit the event.
- Single click the event to view the details, and select the pencil (edit) icon to view the event details and make any edit changes such as updating the time or inviting more guests.
- You will also be able to see which of your guests have accepted and those who have declined your invitation.
- Click Save when you are done updating the event.