Creating an Event
The information below will show you how to create an event in your Pepperdine calendar. Please click on a link below to go straight to that section.
How to create an event
How to invite people
How to reserve rooms and resources
How to save an event
How to update an event
How to create an event in Calendar:
- Click on the Create Event Plus Sign icon in the Main Menu panel of the calendar to launch the Quick View pop-up window. Add the event title, specify date/time, and click More Options to add other event details.
- Or single click on a predetermined date/time to launch the Quick View. Add the event title, specify date/time, and click More Options to add other event details.
- Or double click on a predetermined date/time to launch into a Detailed View to edit all event details.
To invite people to your event:
- In the Event details page, find the Guests tab and click where it says Add guests.
- Type the first few letters of a person's name or email address in the box. Matching addresses in your organization's directory will appear as you type.
- Click one of the suggestions to add that person to the event. If no suggestions appear, type your guest's full email address and select the Enter key.
- If you have a lot of guests, you can quickly see when everyone is available. Click "Suggested times" under your guest list to see a list of times when everyone can attend. Or, click the Find a time tab to stack your guests' calendars, then pick a time when nobody has a scheduling conflict.
You can even add a Google Groups mailing list address to invite a large group of people at once, such as your whole team (For example: email@example.com).
To reserve rooms and resources for your event:
- In the Event details page, find the Rooms tab and click where it says Room name, location or resource
- (Optional) To see only available resources, select Available rooms only or use the pull down to select Include unavailable rooms.
- Start typing the room or resource's name and click one of the suggestions. Or, browse the list of resources and and select the Enter key to select the available resource you want.
To choose a date and time for your event, click the date and time boxes, and select when your event starts and ends.
Save and Update Events
When you're finished filling in the details, save your event:
- Click Save
- In the pop-up, click SEND to notify guests by email, or DON'T SEND if you don't want to notify guests at this time, or CANCEL CHANGES.
To update existing events:
- Double click the event in your Calendar to immediately edit the event.
- Single click the event to view the Quick View, and select the pencil (edit) icon to view the event details and make any edit changes such as updating the time or inviting more guests.
- You will also be able to see which of your guests have accepted and those who have declined your invitation.
- Click Save when you are done updating the event.