Logging on to the Pepperdine Remote Access Server
Pepperdine faculty and staff who use Macintosh and Windows computers can log on to Pepperdine's Remote Access Server (remoteaccess2.pepperdine.edu) to run most commonly used programs that are licensed for use by Pepperdine University.
- Click on your Windows "Start" button.
- Select "All Programs".
- Select "Accessories".
- Select "Remote Desktop Connection".
- Type "remoteaccess2.pepperdine.edu" into the Computer field and click "Connect".
Steps 6, 7 and 8 should only have to be done the first time you connect to the Remote Access Server.
- Click "Show Options".
- Select the "Local Resources" tab.
- If it is necessary to access local disk drives and printers during the Remote Access Server session, in the "Local Devices" section, put a checkmark in front of "Disk Drives" and "Printers".
- Click "Connect".
- If some local devices have been selected in the above steps, the following RDC Security
Warning window may pop-up. In this case, click "OK."
- On the "Windows Security" screen, enter a Pepperdine Network ID and password; and make sure the "Log on to" field contains "pepperdine\". (Case does not matter in this field.) Click "OK" to log on to the Remote Access Server.
- After completing these steps, a user will be logged on to the Remote Access Server
where they can run any programs installed on the server.
- To get back to the local Desktop at any time, click the "-" button in the upper right-hand corner of the Remote Desktop window.
- When finished with the Remote Access Server session, click the Remote Desktop's "Start" button; select "Log Off"; then select "Log Off" from the Windows Log Off window that appears. Do NOT click the "X" button in the upper right-hand corner of the Remote Desktop window to end the session.