Remote Support Tool at Pepperdine
Remote Support is a tool that Information Technology (IT) staff can use to help students, faculty, and staff with technology requests.
This remote assistance and screen-sharing service gives the community the convenience of receiving technical support from IT support staff across campus networks or across the Internet. This provides technology support that is more timely and efficient for the University.
Remote Support works with current Windows and Mac OS computer operating systems, as well as with Apple iOS and Android smart devices.
- Log an issue with Help Desk or the Technology Request Form. This remote support tool does not replace the Pepperdine Help Desk.
- User initiates session. If the technology issue requires the use of the Remote Support tool, the IT support staff will ask the user if he or she would like to start a remote support session.
- Access the Remote Support Tool through http://helpme.pepperdine.edu. An IT support staff will provide the user with a unique seven digit session key to start a secure one-time session.
- Quick software download. When the session key is entered by the user, the remote support software downloads to the user's computer and sets up the possibility for the support staff to view the user's computer screen. When the user gives permission, support staff can assist the user with their tech issue.
- Quality customer service. Each remote session is logged and recorded to allow IT managers to audit and to ensure quality customer service.
- User ends session. At the end of the session, the user terminates the session and the Remote Support software is uninstalled from their computer.