Transfer Your G Suite Data
"Google Takeout" transfers your Google email and data from your student Pepperdine Google account, (e.g., email@example.com), to your new Alumni Google account, (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org). If you also wish to transfer your Google contacts or calendar, etc., easy instructions are found by performing a Google search on the feature you wish to transfer or move, for example, "transfer Gmail contacts" or "export Google calendar."
Transfer Your Data
- Go to https://www.gmail.com and sign into your student Pepperdine Google account,
(e.g., email@example.com), and click "Next."
- Access "Google Takeout" at this URL: https://takeout.google.com/transfer
- Enter your Alumni Email address at the Destination Account, then click "Send Code."
- You'll need the code sent to your Alumni email. Click "Get confirmation Code" to see
- Enter this code into the Takeout page and click "Verify."
- Select the content you wish to transfer to your new account, e.g., "Drive" and "Gmail."
By default, both Gmail and Drive data will be transferred. When you are finished,
click "Start Transfer."
- You'll receive an email in both mailboxes stating the transfer has started. Depending
on the size of your data, it may take up to a week for a full transfer.
- When the transfer is finished, you will also receive an email.
- Your email will appear in your Alumni Email inbox with a label of the email address
it came from, in this example, Joe.User@pepperdine.edu. You are now finished and your
email and data have fully transferred.