The Pepperdine Alumni Email Service is a free Google Workspace account offered to Pepperdine Alumni. It consists of Gmail, Calendar, Contacts, Drive, and others.
Eligible Alumni Must Meet One of These Requirements:
Graduate from Pepperdine
Discontinue their program with at least 12 units
- Students must activate their alumni email account and transfer any content before their Pepperdine University student account is disabled. Students don't need to wait until the formal graduation ceremony takes place to activate the alumni email account.
- Students normally lose access to WaveNet and student email approximately 90 days after graduation (or discontinuation of classes).
- Due to COVID19 and delayed graduation, recent grads have been granted additional time to access their student email. After official graduation ceremonies are held, students will have 90 days to access their student email (before it is disabled).
- While you can set up email forwarding, that forwarding will discontinue when your student account is disabled.
- We advise Alumni to set up a vacation responder on their student email account to refer contacts to their new email address.
Alumni Email Access for Active Students and Employees
Alumni who are also active students or employees will retain access to their existing Pepperdine email address and account as long as they are enrolled or employed at Pepperdine. These Alumni are welcome to use their Alumni and Pepperdine email accounts concurrently.
Alternate Email/Phone Number Requirement
During the Google setup process, Alumni will be required to provide an alternate email address and/or mobile phone number for automated password resets. The alternate email address should not be their Pepperdine student email address, but an external email address. Without this information, a user can be permanently locked out of their alumni account.
Take advantage of this benefit and activate your Alumni email account. Be sure to activate your account before the 90-day period ends after graduation.
Recent graduates can transfer email and Google Workspace data from their current student Google account to their new Alumni Google account. Again, must be done before the 90-day period ends.
If you need assistance setting up your Pepperdine Alumni Email account, please contact Tech Central at 310.506.4357.