LastPass "Enterprise" is approved for University employees working on University business. You can use a separate "Free" account for your personal passwords and link it via your Enterprise account for easy access.
Why is LastPass Free not approved for Pepperdine work?
The Enterprise version allow several features unavailable or inappropriate for personal version. This is an organizational decision to mandate Enterprise features and not indicative that Free is inherently less secure when the user is informed and chooses to configure a strong vault passphrase.
- Enterprise permits ISO to password strength requirements appropriate to University work, including standards for the vault's master password.
- Separates University passwords in the Enterprise vault from personal passwords in the Free vault, while allowing both privacy and single sign on to the personal account.
- Paves the way for future implementations unavailable to the Free account such as integrating SecureConnect or cloud app sign-in from Enterprise version.
How does linking my personal Free account to my Enterprise account work?
- Accessing your Enterprise vault also allows you to access your Free vault without putting in both vault pass phrases.
- Pepperdine University and admins have absolutely NO access to your personal passwords.
- If you leave Pepperdine you lose access to your Enterprise vault but continue to have uninterrupted access to your Free vault.