Courses: Add Your Name Pronunciation
In Courses, anyone can record their name pronunciation and input accompanying phonetic details. Students, this data will be available for your instructors in the Roster tool.
To successfully make an audio recording of your name pronunciation, you must have a functioning microphone on your computer or mobile device.
- In Courses, click the "Home" site and select "Profile" in the tool menu.
- On the "My Profile" tab, locate the "Name Pronunciation" section.
- Hover your mouse cursor over the area (or tap the heading on mobile) to reveal the "Edit" button, and then click "Edit."
- (Optional) In the "Pronouns" field, select a desired pronoun option in the drop-down.
- In the "Phonetic Pronunciation" field, input a textual guide corresponding to the pronunciation of your name. Examples
- kris-TEEN BEAR-it
- j-AHN BUCK-ing-ham
- j-ORE-dan lot
- For the Name Recording field, click the red "Record" button.
- Important: your web browser may prompt you to "Allow" courses.pepperdine.edu to use your microphone. Be sure to click "Allow."
- Clearly speak your name into your microphone and click "Stop" when finished. Note: there is a maximum recording time of twenty (20) seconds.
- Using the recorder, click the "Play" button to preview your recording.
- If you wish to re-record your name, follow steps 6–9 above.
- When finished, click "Save Changes."