Facilitate a Meeting
How to activate your microphone and camera
At the bottom left-hand corner of the Zoom meeting window, the microphone or headphone logo accompanied with the word "Mute" or "Join Audio" should be visible. Click "Mute" to disable microphone. Click "Unmute" to enable microphone.
Camera (On/Off): Located to the right of microphone/Join Audio button. Click "Stop Video" to disable camera. Click "Start Video" to enable camera.
- Click on "Manage Participants." A sidebar will appear on the right.
- Hover over a participant's name to reveal "Mute" or "Rename."
- To mute everyone in the meeting, click "Mute all."
- Click "Manage Participants" again to hide the sidebar.
- Click the "Chat" button at the bottom of your Zoom meeting window.
- Type message.
- Click the Enter/return button on your keyboard to send message.
- Click the green "Share" button in the middle of the Zoom window.
- Select to mirror a desktop window, white board, or any other open application on your device that you would like to share.
- Click the "Share" button in the bottom right of the window.
- From the meeting toolbar, click "Chat."
- Click "More."
- Click "Share file in meeting."
- Select file you want to share in your meeting and click "open."
- In the meeting toolbar, click "Record."
- When prompted, click "Record on this Computer" (if you are a student) or "Record to Cloud" (if you are an instructor).
- Once you are ready to stop your recording, click the "stop" button located on your meeting toolbar or the top left of your screen.
- The recording will automatically convert into an mp4 file when you leave or end the meeting.
- A file folder will pop up with three files. It will contain the video file and an audio file of recorded meeting.
- You can now move that mp4 file to your Pepperdine Google drive account or choose to keep it on your local device.
- Click "End Meeting" in the bottom, right corner.
- Select either:
- Leave meeting (allows remaining participants to stay in the virtual room).
- End Meeting for all (closes meeting for all participants).