SecureConnect at Pepperdine
SecureConnect is multi-factor authentication service that adds security to Staff and Faculty accounts by using both your password and a personal device, or factor, to confirm your identity and prevent anyone but you from logging into the University's Central Authentication Service (CAS). Use an iOS, Android, or Windows smartphone or tablet as well as a landline or mobile voice call system.
Enroll in SecureConnect. Setup your account. Start using the Mobile App on your smartphone or tablet.
Change or remove your authentication devices. Change your default device, recover access after losing a device, and other options.
Short, digestible tips on SecureConnect. Quick references to questions you might encounter when using SecureConnect.
Enjoy all of these perks when you enroll:
- Protect University data, personal payroll and benefit information, and private student information behind CAS if your password is stolen.
- Extend your University password expiration to three years rather than one year for accounts not enrolled in SecureConnect.
- Flexible and quick to use with any smart device.
- Use phone numbers, text messages, or passcodes as alternatives to a smartphone or tablet.
Who Should Use SecureConnect?
Staff and Faculty who meet one of the following criteria:
- Desire industry leading security standards for their Pepperdine account.
- Want to extend their password expiration from 365 days to 3 years.
- Use the University VPN service off-campus or remoteaccess2.pepperdine.edu.
- Remote Access and off-campus VPN use will require SecureConnect starting October 30,
- Remote Access and off-campus VPN use will require SecureConnect starting October 30, 2017.