SecureConnect powered by DUO
SecureConnect is a multi-factor authentication service, powered by DUO. SecureConnect adds security to Staff and Faculty accounts by using two factors - your password and a personal device - to confirm your identity. You may use Apple or Android smartphones or tablets as your device factors, with landline or mobile voice/text as backup factors.
Enroll in SecureConnect. Setup your account. Start using the Mobile App on your smartphone
Change or remove your authentication devices. Change your default device, recover access after losing a device, and other options.
Read short, digestible tips on SecureConnect. Quick references to questions you might encounter when using SecureConnect.
SecureConnect adds security to Staff and Faculty accounts by using two factors to confirm your identity: your password and a personal device or on-campus network connection. The use of SecureConnect is optional, except for employees that use the official University VPN or connect to remoteaccess2.
Enjoy all of these perks when you enroll:
- Protect University data, personal payroll and benefit information, and private student information in case your password is phished or stolen.
- Extend your University password expiration for three years.
- Flexible and quick to use with any smartphone or tablet.
- Use phone numbers, text messages, or DUO generated passcodes, whether online or offline, as backup to a smartphone or tablet.
Who Should Use SecureConnect?
Staff and Faculty who meet one of the following criteria:
- You use the University VPN service or remoteaccess.pepperdine.edu.
- Use of these services will require SecureConnect enrollment starting October 30, 2017.
- On-campus location will automatically count as your second factor.
- You desire industry leading security for your Pepperdine account.
- You want to extend your password expiration from 365 days to 3 years.